TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's problem against Serena Williams

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #22
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's problem against Serena Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashwanth View Post
Yes thats why everybody calls her No Plan B player. The coach's help to players was only to a certain extent, its the Player who should change his/her strategy if some thing is not working well on the court like you said in case of Li or anybody else. She has only one game plan Hit as hard as you can every ball she gets even if it is failing miserably. Players like Vika/Li has this amazing ability to absorb pace and Serena can overpower you. These things everybody knows. So she should go for something else. The most irritating thing I have seen in her play is her reluctance to go forward to the net. If he plays some doubles and learns some net play she might finish many points much earlier especially with a serve like hers.I have seen a lot of net play during her win against Serena in 2004.
it's the work of the coach to define plan A, plan B, plan C , different combinations etc .... His work is to watch opponents matches and elaborate right tactics ..... Masha follows his advices , but he is even more one dimentional than Masha ......

Serena serving in T at crucial points was a great discovery for him after 1st set What was he doing before the match ? why didn't he know it beforehand? wasn't he analysing Petra's matchm at all?

moreover , i didn't see anything new in Maria's game vs Serena..... Hogsted was great when it concerned clay seasons , but he absolutely ruined everything outside clay ..... Masha just after her shoulder injury despite being serveless played better on hardcourts and grass than now

Sam Sumyk, Victorovski, Rodriguez are all better coaches than Hogsted , sadly but it's Masha's opponent's advantage

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote