TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's problem against Serena Williams

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #21
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all
Re: Maria's problem against Serena Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
first of all , Hogsted should be fired, it's Not Masha one-dimentional and "No plan B" player , it's Hogsted one-dimentional....

Look at his strategy vs Li - just play in the middle and let her create angles by herself , she will make huge number of errors... But Li Na was probably working during off season to close this breach in her game... As a result Masha didn't know what to do vs Li at all .....

secondly, Serena won't be in her 2012 form in 2013 and definitely not in 2014 .... She's passed her Olympic peak. Now such players as Vika, Petra and even Sloane have belief that they can beat her. All Masha needs to beat Serena is too improve , i'm sure that her YEC game would have been enough to beat "Doha's" Serena
Yes thats why everybody calls her No Plan B player. The coach's help to players was only to a certain extent, its the Player who should change his/her strategy if some thing is not working well on the court like you said in case of Li or anybody else. She has only one game plan Hit as hard as you can every ball she gets even if it is failing miserably. Players like Vika/Li has this amazing ability to absorb pace and Serena can overpower you. These things everybody knows. So she should go for something else. The most irritating thing I have seen in her play is her reluctance to go forward to the net. If he plays some doubles and learns some net play she might finish many points much earlier especially with a serve like hers.I have seen a lot of net play during her win against Serena in 2004.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote