TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #342
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

She is saying that she will play until 32?

Quote:
Q. If Serena wins today she would become the oldest No. 1 of the history of the rankings. Can you talk a little bit about what would that mean, 31‑and‑something years of age?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I think that age, it just shows you how the generations have shifted a bit. You know, maybe five, ten years ago you saw, you know, a lot of the younger players achieving much more success and winning Grand Slams. And now, you know, you see Li Na and Serena doing so well.
I mean, I wouldn't say‑‑ I'm not going to use the word "old" because it's quite young still, but because they have been around for so many years, it's incredible. It just shows you how, you know, if you stay healthy and you're able to keep working hard, the things that you're able to achieve in tennis at that age, you know, it's encouraging because, you know, I feel like I have so many more years ahead of me. I'm not sure maybe till 32, but I don't know. You never know.
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote