TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #949
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
There's hardly a great divide between Renka and Shar, but there's no denying that the former is currently the better player. Beating Serena does not give her great separation from Sharapova, especially a Serena who was not at top form. Tennis is all about match-ups. And Renka matches up better with Serena. They don't have as much history as Serena and Maria do. And in order to beat Serena, even a Serena not nearly at her best, you gotta be able to move. Shar can't. But before the WTA becomes all about the "big 2" Shar has got to get it together. I'm fearing that her lack of confidence against Serena and to a degree Azenrenka will bleed into her other match-ups and we might see her ranking slip further.
When you look at the massive amount of points Maria has to defend in the next few months, her ranking will slip if she doesn't take a hard look at herself in the mirror and start taking her game more seriously.

So far, 2013 is unfolding like 2012. Vika comes out looking invincible on hard courts and Maria is having late round frustration. Victoria will be the huge favorite at Indian Wells as defending champ and Serena will be back for Miami. Are we going to have to pin our hopes on clay again to turn Maria's year around? I don't like the idea of relying on what is still Maria's worst surface. She needs to step it up big time now or be left in Serena and Vika's wake.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote