TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #941
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Can the start of this year go any worse? Vika repeats in Melbourne, repeats in Qatar, and gets her breakthrough against Serena a day after another Maria meltdown.

I was steadfast in my belief that Maria was still a better player than Azarenka. And I think, in terms of raw talent, she is better. But you canít deny what Vikaís done over the past year and sheís clearly superior now. She is displaying belief, confidence, attitude, consistency, and movement that Maria canít touch. So much more mentally tough. And she takes advantage of every opportunity she sees in matches. Serena played as sloppy today as she did yesterday. But while Maria gagged with every chance, Vika embraced them. She is a tremendous big point player now. Unlike Maria, you donít see her beat herself anymore.

The gap is widening. Even though I saw it coming and predicted she would win today, itís still hard to stomach.
See you need to stop comparing Serena v Maria to Serena v Azarenka. The simple matter of fact is, the game-styles are a lot more in favour of Vika than Maria.