TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #945
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Goerges treat in store for Dubai fans

Alex Leach / 17 February 2013

Julia Goerges insists she’s feeling fitter and playing better than ever before as she prepares to compete in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships next week.
The 24-year-old German reached the women’s single final last year here, where she lost 7-5, 6-4 to the now-reigning champion Agnieszka Radwanska.

Goerges’ runner-up placing in the emirate nevertheless helped her reach a career-high ranking of 15th in the world shortly thereafter and she seemingly enters the fray this time around at the peak of her physical powers.

“Body and playing-wise, I feel as fit as ever and my game is there,” said Goerges, who knocked out the then-title holder, Caroline Wozniacki, in the semi-finals 12 months ago.

“I definitely feel I’m playing the best I’ve ever played. It’s just a question sometimes of whether or not you can put it on the court.”

Goerges was pitted against the fifth-seeded Italian Sara Errani – an opponent currently ranked 11 positions above her in the global standings.

“Everybody is tricky. It’s a great field,” she explained. “It’s a good challenge for me.

She’s a top 10 player and it’s a good opportunity for me to show my best tennis.

It’s good to have those matches because you can only get better from them.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/in...n=nationsports
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote