TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #920
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
This match up is so perfunctory for Serena now, that she didn't even fully invest in playing anywhere near her best. She was coasting for the most part, content to let her serve do the trick when it mattered, and apply great width and length, which is the kiss of death for Pova. It's all too predictable the way Serena can exploit Pova's game. As soon as Pova's serving level dropped early in the first set, it was all over.

Pova can't match Serena off the ground any more, that much is obvious. Pova's groundgame in general has deteriorated off clay, and posters were right about how the emphasis on heavier spin and a more aggressive-grinding mindset has made her so vulnerable against Serena. She can no longer take her forehand early in high pace rallies, and the amount of spin she puts on the ball these days, means that the height of the ball generally is ideal for Serena to take big, profitable strikes, without any threat of being out-hit herself for any real period of time. Once Serena takes over the rally, it's all over.

This is a void rivalry. Like it has been for years.
You in Sharapova's forum? Are my eyes deceiving me?

GM is a kindergarten. I went briefly through the results thread and it's worse than I expected. Those Serena trolls seem to have nothing better to do in life but to hate on every single player who dared to beat Serena in the past, the latest example being Sloane Stephens. Well, sad to see that Wimbly final is still under their skin
Cheers AKB

As for the match itself. Maria missed too many shots to make it competitive. After the first 4 games it looked like she would have played a good match but then the inevitable happened. What I don't get is why is she not playing Dubai?