TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #675
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Here's an interesting stat comparison. The difference between Caro's winners and unforced errors has gotten a lot worse in the last three matches against Aga since Caro beat her in 3 sets at the YEC in 2011. Caro lost the 1st match in three sets having served for the match in the 2nd set (Caro's wrist injury really began to bother her as the 3rd set went on, they were tied at 2-2 3rd set at one point), lost the next match in two having been down 6-4 4-2 at one point, and lost yesterday's in two sets having served for the 2nd set.

Caro's winners and unforced errors against Aga:

2011 YEC: 32 winners and 27 unforced errors / +5 difference
2012 Sydney (sets 1 & 2 combined): 22 winners and 23 unforced errors / -1 difference (I don't have the match total)
2012 Tokyo: 19 winners and 33 unforced errors / -14 difference
2013 Doha: 24 winners and 30 unforced errors / -6 difference

It's pretty impressive that Caro was actually able to post a positive winners to unforced errors difference against Aga and -1 isn't bad at all. Caro needs to find a way to cut her unforced errors down and get her winners to unforced errors difference about even or better again.
Interesting. Well I suppose the positive is that the real dip was 2012 Tokyo and she's on an upwards curve compared to that. It sounds from what I've read in the Live Scoring Thread that she made a ton of those UEs here in Doha at the end of the 2nd set when she allowed Aga to come back and that was the most disappointing part of her last match.

Have you any figures for her earlier matches with Aga when she was just winning tournament after tournament. I think she was already well in decline by 2011 YEC. I bet her UEs in her earlier encounters were way down from all four of the matches you quote.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!