TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #854
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Well, I was thinking Maria maybe subscribes to a similar mindset that some in here do: "Oh, there's nothing I can do against Serena anyway, she always raises her game against the best, so why bother even trying". Maybe Azarenka beating her would shake her out of that mindset. Remember, it was only when she got mad at herself for constantly embarrassing herself against Azarenka and started getting pumped up in their matches that she finally turned that match-up around and stopped accepting that losses were inevitable.

Na played much better in that match than Serena played in this one Na got everything deep in that match and didn't give Maria time at all, whereas Serena kept hitting really short balls in this match. I'm more pissed off about this one rather than disappointed like I was after the AO.
My thoughts exactly.

I really hope you're right about this one. For me it's just hard to believe that sometimes it seems like she accepted her fate without even trying. What's it gonna cost her? She can hardly embarrass herself more than she did in the past. I agree with Asherahpova's post that she lacks the final shot nowadays. Those drive volleys are a prime example, we came to a point when it's a miracle she won a point off one. And for someone with a legitimately good BH, that BHDTL is pretty average IMO I remember when she won RG it was supreme, so it really goes to show how important that shot is to her game. And once again when the serve is even remotely functioning, her ground game is off. It's like she can't ever have them both post-surgery.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote