TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #848
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

I can live with the loss but it did sort of display something for me that has been becoming increasingly more apparent over the past couple of seasons.

The serve is definitely no longer the biggest issue, especially now that she can supply more variety with the improvements to the serve out wide on the ad court. Too many basic errors of routine execution points.
Yeah in 2/3 games she was broken she served atrociously but she wouldn't have won even if she served flawlessly. Just handing back points when all she has to do is make the last shot and her refusal to hit her BH DTL once again being evidently ridiculous. Extended too many points where all she had to do was hit it and hence Serena's defense inevitably always trumped hers. I know a few people have presented this before and were shot down but I don't care, I'm throwing it out there anyway.

There's been a lot of improvements seen but at the same time a lot of old problems resurfacing. At the end of the day it's only the second tournament of the year, maybe it will all come together for IW/Miami.