TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #848
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I agree with the part of Azarenka having a very good chance at beating Serena tomorrow. But I would still hate to see her do it before Maria (although let's face it, that would probably require Vika never beating her ). But I'm not sure it would benefit Maria. I mean, how much more needs to happen for her to finally get a push, sort her brains out and make a break, or God forbid a set off Rena? She lost 11 straight matches to her for Christ's sake One of them being 6:0 6:1 beatdown while representing her country in the finals of the Olympic games
Well, I was thinking Maria maybe subscribes to a similar mindset that some in here do: "Oh, there's nothing I can do against Serena anyway, she always raises her game against the best, so why bother even trying". Maybe Azarenka beating her would shake her out of that mindset. Remember, it was only when she got mad at herself for constantly embarrassing herself against Azarenka and started getting pumped up in their matches that she finally turned that match-up around and stopped accepting that losses were inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Be sore and pessimist as you want, but compare this 63 62 to a 62 62 from Na and think about it.
I'm not happy of course, but I can live with this loss, I'm not disappointed as I was after Melbourne.
Serena played near her best, she was much calmer than yesterday and she proved it by not letting Maria break her, despite some very bad lapses from Maria.
I just think about these tweets by Barbara Rossi (she's the ES commentator for tennis and she's been Pennetta's coach)
https://twitter.com/redsbi/status/302840891968733184
https://twitter.com/redsbi/status/302839038665175040
where she says "she's not even playing bad"

I think Vika has a better shot at beating Serena because she's more solid, more defensive and consistent than Maria or Petra right now... nonetheless I'll be rooting for Serena tomorrow.
Na played much better in that match than Serena played in this one Na got everything deep in that match and didn't give Maria time at all, whereas Serena kept hitting really short balls in this match. I'm more pissed off about this one rather than disappointed like I was after the AO.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote