TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #668
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
As for the 1st paragraph,I can't deny the POSSIBILITY that Caro could have success against the elite,yet it's harder for us to establish that when she hasn't actually done that with her original style of play.Those two wins over Big Masha were nice,regardless,but I don't think that she was playing at her peak level when Caro faced her and got those 2 victories
Well, this is an argument which can go both ways - when Caro was defeated by Maria after she lost her no.1 ranking she was no longer playing at her best neither.
The fact that the elite wasn't able to make it far enough to challenge her is their negative, not Caro's. She was the most consistent player at the time so they had many opportunities to face her. I think they'd lose against her anyway if they weren't able to beat lower ranked players.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!