TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #662
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post

This is Caro 2.0. She's trying hard to implement a new style of play and there are small signs that the process is on the right track. But it's going to take a long time to complete the process and she may never get back to achieving what she did before. But I respect her for trying, and if anyone has the discipline and mental strength to successfully overhaul her game it's Caro.
Its been 18 months of this form. I guess we have to accept this is it. The idea that she had to overhaul her old game, instead of slowing improving it, never made sense.
Still doesnt make sense. What is she overhauling? What is improving?
It looked like maybe late last year she was starting to make some deep runs, but most players were tired while Caro took a long break ( didnt win a match for 2 months during the summer)

To me, it looks just like Jankovic. Slamless #1 who cant win matches anymore, unless her early draw is super soft. The comparison is incredible because it happened so quickly & completely to both of them. Caroline only won 5 matches at the last 4 majors! Unbelievable, if you think where she was.
If they are thinking: slowly improve, how many more years until she tries hiring a full time coach, if ever?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!