TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013

Thread: Fed Cup 2013
View Single Post

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #159
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Maybe I'm naive, but I'd like to think that TA will keep its eye on the big picture here.

Health permitting, Sam's probably got this year and next of playing at something like her best level. Jarka is showing some promising signs of having turned a corner, and usually raises her level for FC anyway. Ash is just starting to come into her own and is getting better all the time. And even if Liv or one of the other young players doesn't step up to the plate, in Casey or Rodi the team has a capable 4th member.

So all in all we could have a pretty damn good team next year. If we can also get some long overdue luck with the draw, I could see them making the final, and who knows, maybe pulling off the win. So getting back into the WG next year is far more important than a home tie against Switzerland this April.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote