TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WWW DOHA Dream QF: Serena Williams [2] vs Petra Kvitova [7]

View Single Post

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #78
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW DOHA Dream QF: Serena Williams [2] vs Petra Kvitova [7]

I hope Petra sincerely believes in herself today. I'm not sure how much her team helps though

I remember a couple of years a go (after Petra won Wimbledon and before Serena lost the US Open finals to Stosur, or maybe 2012, Pre Australian, with all the Petra Hype), Kotyza was being interviewed. And during this interview when asked about 'who the best player in tennis is", Kotyza said "I don't care what anyone says, Serena Williams is the best player in Tennis when playing well. No one can beat her", etc.. And he never once mentioned Petra during this exchange. I remember saying to myself at the time, "A lot of people think YOUR player is unbeatable [Kotyza] when playing well, so thanks for the confidence booster David!"

Now mind you, Serena was not only NOT playing well at the time, but Kotyza didn't say anything like, "but my player, when playing her best can certainly contend with Serena/may have a chance, especially if Williams not playing her best; the match is won on the court, not match ups; you only have to win one important match, not most of them", etc.. No, Nothing of the sort!

I remember saying to myself "this is the guy that prepares her for matches"?

There's no pressure on Petra. She's just got to go out there and play her game, and clean up all the silly mistakes (maybe that's asking too much) from yesterdays match--now that she has two under her belt. I haven't watched Serena at all here. I hope it's a good match.

We'll see?

Good Luck Petra!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!