TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #645
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She had her moments in 2012. Her tantrum at the French Open last year is a modern classic.
I'm 100% behind her on that. That really was atrocious by the chair umpire and there really needs to be a reassessment of his competence. Furthermore - while he inspected the ballmark - he was actually smudging it whilst he did so altering the mark it made which is just unacceptable. That was not like the normal getting a line call wrong. There was a mark that was clearly out. If I was Caro - I would want a reassessment of his competence after that. Calling the supervisor was never going to change anything. Quite rightly, they will never get sucked into overturning a decision and she wasn't even going to get in to looking at the ball mark. But it does raise questions about that chair umpire.

Anyway you look at it on video - whilst the point was played, the ballmark, the TV replay and they even showed hawkeye - it was well out. She ought to have borrowed a camera to take a picture of the mark before that chair umpire smudged it some more.

But anyway - all she was trying to do was get the chair umpire to see the ball was out from the ballmark and didn't swear, call him ugly inside or anything remotely on the scale of McEnroe, Connors or Serena. She persisted and called the supervisor but she didn't carry on after resumption. She did ask him if he went to school - about as mild as you can get - and that's not an insult remotely comparable to those other players.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!