TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #642
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Some comments here about Caro arguing with the umpire. I kind of like her that she's like that.

This does not mean I have any sympathy with the antics of McEnroe, Connors and Serena's two incidents at the USO. And I certainly would not like Caro to ever stoop to anything on that scale.

Piotr on the other hand was very lucky they didn't force him to leave after they asked him to and he didn't budge. I've never known him do that before in a match. But that was him and completely separate to Caro herself.
Agree. For Caro, it helps her to get it out of her system. And she is entitled to express her opinion. I prefer to see her fired up. It shows she cares. Dare I say, it was partly lacking in most of 2012.

Piotr, agree again. It is tennis and he could have been asked to leave. That said, it's blown a bit out of proportions, as these things tend to be. He didn't throw any chairs or punch anyone. It was an exchange of words in the heat of the action. Big deal.

Many a handball coach and football manager has been expelled from the side line. I imagine it also happens in basketball.

While on the subject. People who are feeling all intimidated by Piotr, when he's on court should check out a couple of time-outs in handball, basketball ... They'll find, that Piotr is actually quite mellow in this comparison

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Feb 15th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!