TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #4730
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I find this notion of players being figured out somewhat overstated. I think it's most applicable in the case of someone who has a big jump in the rankings from one year to the next like going from ranked in the 60s to ranked in the top 20 and then in the following year dropping to top 30 or outside of that.

I think when you make the jump to top 10/15/20, you get the attention of your opponents (or at least their coaches). You're no longer an unknown like could be claimed during your breakthrough season. A lot of players start to fall off in their results/rankings at this point (pressure of backing up a breakthrough being another big factor).

I find it hard to believe that a player could finish a second season in a row in the top 10/15/20 and not have been scouted out quite a bit.
I think that they should round up a few of the robots from Brilliant Machines and see how their interview charisma compares with surefire insomnia cures like Stosur and Kerber...btw,in the boredom realm,4 ""=4 stars for a movie.I'm cutting cute li'l dork Vinci a whole lot of slack here b/c she simply doesn't speak English very well.Her vocabulary contains about 20 words;"play a good match" being prominent among that group...the other two aforementioned gals speak English very well thus have no excuse

Sorry for changing the subject from your post above;you make a couple very plausible arguments

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!