TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #1895
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Yeah, fun match.

And so...that takes us to the end of Monica's battle to defend her ranking points earned in the early part of last year. Could have gone better, could have gone worse. A tough draw at the AO didn't help. The loss to CSN in Paris wasn't great but then Carla was playing pretty well in hindsight but mostly it's been a pretty decent effort and overall I'd say Monica has probably played better this year than she did in the corresponding period last year even if she won few points.

But now we arrive at a very nice position. Monica is still top 75 and she now goes into the next 7 and a half months with just a meager 120 ranking points to defend. Yup...virtually zilch. So basically we can now sit back and watch Monica play the next few months knowing the only direction she can go with her ranking is up. If Monica can maintain her current form I'm optimistic this year could go very well. We just have to hope Monica doesn't replicate last year's 8 month WTA dead women walking routine.