TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 NHL Thread

Thread: 2013 NHL Thread
View Single Post

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #26
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future
Re: 2013 NHL Thread

Blue Jackets name Jarmo Kekalainen General Manager

COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with Jarmo Kekalainen to serve as the club’s general manager, Blue Jackets President of Hockey Operations John Davidson announced today. Kekalainen, who has been the president and general manager of Jokerit in the Finnish Elite League since 2010, becomes the third general manager in Blue Jackets history.

“Hockey is a truly global game and there are very few people whose knowledge of the game in North America and abroad surpasses that of Jarmo Kekalainen,” said Davidson. “He is intelligent, hard-working and a tremendous evaluator of talent. He is a terrific addition to the Blue Jackets family and will play an important role in our efforts to move our organization forward in the coming years.”

Kekalainen (pronounced kehk-uh-LIE-nehn) spent eight seasons with the St. Louis Blues from 2002-10 before joining Jokerit. He most recently served as the club’s assistant general manager and director of amateur scouting and was involved in all facets of hockey operations, including professional scouting efforts and overseeing the club’s amateur scouting and draft preparations. During his eight years in St. Louis, the Blues drafted players such as David Backes, Roman Polak, David Perron, T.J. Oshie, Patrick Berglund and Alex Pietrangelo.

“I am very grateful to the McConnell family, John Davidson and the Blue Jackets organization for this opportunity and am looking forward to getting started,” said Kekalainen. “We have a great challenge before us, but I am confident through hard work, organization and commitment that we will achieve our goal of building a Stanley Cup contending team.”
----------

First ever Euro-GM in hockey (but I guess in all of Big 4?)
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote