TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #357
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. R3 awaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Really? I can't say I've seen Garcia play much, but I actually thought she competed pretty well today..she edged a couple of the tight games, and even in the 2nd set, even when it was obvious she was going to lose, she still kept fighting for every game she could (rather than some of the pathetic displays we saw from Maria's and Serena's opponents at the AO, where, as soon as they dropped the first few games, they seemed determined to flee the court as quickly as possible).
wasnt counting but I dont think she even won a game that went to deuce...
I dont think Garcia is some no-future scrub like Puchkova or Gallovits was at AO, she has alright technical and physical skills, wouldnt surprise me if she makes top20 in a few years. I wouldnt compare her with those others.

To me, she really looks like who lets the scoreline into her head too much. In every close situation she was flopping, every time there was a momentum or the momentum changed she couldnt carry on.
- starts 1st set DFing like a boss.
- 0-3 down she starts hitting freely.
- serving to stay in 1st set, folds.
- starts 2nd set hitting freely cause "she cant lose anythign" at the moment.
- when the 2nd set was a bit tighter... she goes 2-5 down and couldnt hold serve to stay in match.
Of course Maria was stepping up for some points, but Garcia could have also done it. Instead she only had the "I just brush my shoulder off" kinda body language...
Well, maybe I just expect too much from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Did you see the first match between Pova and Garcia? Garcia's collapse in that one was jaw-dropping
and since that match she also had 10-20 other choke when she was set and break up, serving for match, sometimes even had matchpoints... and still lost. Just search GM for some of her match results. She is a notorious case.