TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #282
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

From the WTA site an extract of the Doha press conference

Maria Sharapova
On her focus this week with the No.1 ranking on the line...
"From a personal perspective, I think the further you go in the tournament, the better chance you give yourself to regain that ranking. So I think that all of us will be focusing on just one step at a time. And it also depends on other players' results, so it's tough to focus on that too much."

On her results in Australia and her preparations for Doha...
"I played good tennis. Certainly not in my last match - I wish I could have done a few things differently. But that's the past. You can't look back too much. You look back at it to know maybe what you can do a little different in situations in the future, or maybe a different game plan. But as far as my preparation for here, last year I went straight to Europe to play Fed Cup and it was actually quite busy and a lot of travelling, so this year I went home to train for a bit. It was nice after being in Australia for over a month. It's quite a long trip for only one event, but I love being here. I certainly want to raise my level."

On what she does with all of her trophies...
"They're scattered around. My mom is kind of in charge of organizing. She's like the interior designer in my homes. Honestly, if you come to my home, I don't know if you'd actually know that I was a successful tennis player, because some of the trophies might even be in the kitchen somewhere. I think actually one of my awards we use as like a hat hanger. They're kind of all over the place.

"The main ones are on the same shelf with my medal."

She takes such care of her things
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote