TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #590
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Probably quite a few of you have better technical knowledge of the sport,but I saw Caro on today's Shot of the Day clip,and it looked to me as though she hit a pretty nice deep,penetrating FH.That wasn't the shot that won her the point cuz her opponent blocked the ball back over the net in desperate defensive mode.Still,I thought that Caroline hit a fairly good,aggressive shot on that point
I like all Caro's shots in this point: 1) A hard, well-placed serve that forces a somewhat passive return. 2) An agressive FH, not super hard and the opponent reads it right but struck deep and she follows it to the net. 3) A good defensive shot from the opponent to Caro's feet, forcing her to hit a difficult, low, one-handed BH volley. It's not always Caro has the 'soft' hands necessary to hit a short, controlled ball but here she did it very well. 4) The opponent manages to run down the short ball and hits an excellent lob. Caro backtracks quickly and - knowing without seeing where the opening must be - hits a controlled, two-handed BHDTL, the first winner I've seen Caro hit after running down a lob!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Feb 13th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!