TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What happened to Stosur's second serve?

View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute
What happened to Stosur's second serve?

It was once hailed as one of the best second serves in the women's game, but since the YEC last year I have noticed she is throwing in TONS of double faults. I'm not aware that she had any shoulder related injuries or surgeries (just know of the ankle surgery in the off season). I would have thought she would be so confident in the technique of this particular shot that it wouldn't really break down even if the rest of her game goes awry, but apparently not. Is it just lack of confidence? Or possibly somehow she is not getting as much spin on the ball as she used to?

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote