TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Konjuh

Thread: Ana Konjuh
View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1687
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh

nice article shared in GM (http://www.letsecondserve.com/2013/0....html?spref=tw)

Quote:
Croatia
Croatia was the team that piqued my interest since the moment the player lists came out. I wanted to chat with Donna Vekic (ranked #92 as a 16 year old) and Ana Konjuh (Junior AO singles + doubles champion; surname pronounced "Kon-yoo-ch") from the start, but the tight schedule and Croatia playing in parallel to Israel made the timing very difficult, and the long doubles match between Poland and Israel eventually prevented that interview from happening.

Ana Konjuh
At any rate, I had the opportunity to watch both girls play Poland, and I can say without any doubt that they were the team that impressed me the most, especially Konjuh who beat Urszula Radwanska 2-6 6-3 7-6(6) in the first promotional play-off match. Konjuh has a pro's game and a pro's attitude. Practically every shot that passed over the net hit a line or a corner - she hits very flat and nothing lands in the middle of the court. She has powerful ground-strokes and serve, and most impressively of all - she's playing calmly and absolutely quietly. There's nothing of a teenager in either her game or her behaviour, despite her young age. Watch the end of the third set tiebreak and Konjuh's reaction to the win: [the match point video]
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!