TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #580
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
It is a shame, really. I think that the officials are instructed to give certain names a pass nowadays. In the past players would be stopped if they tried to pull a stunt like Vika or Kuznetsova, the umpires would not let them get away with it. It's time for the rules to be better enforced otherwise the tour will end up looking ridiculous. I mean, even on TF people complained about what went on at Australian Open.
I agree, and I don't even blame the players themselves. It's professional sports with huge sums of money and worldwide fame at stake, so players are tempted to use anything that they think might give them an edge and they are likely to bend the rules to their advantage if they can get away with it. But the powers that be in the game should be more strict. There's really no point in having a set of rules when in reality everyone can do whatever they want. I don't mean that they should be dictatorial. Giving for example someone a warning because they take two seconds too long between serves is a bit petty. But consistently taking forty instead of twenty seconds is of a different order. Same for the injury time-outs and toilet breaks. Tennis is the only sport I know where you can actually HAVE such a thing as an injury time-out. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but once a player goes beyond a certain limit the umpire should should say, "sorry, but if you need that much time you're simply not fit to play. Match goes to your opponent."

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!