TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ashleigh Barty

Thread: Ashleigh Barty
View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #911
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I don't know what orifice you pull these analyses from

There are all types of doubles players. There is no mould. Look at the current #1 pairing of Errani/Vinci and the other dominant team of the Williams sisters. None of them are stereotypical doubles players. Ash's game fits in perfectly with elite doubles, as clearly demonstrated by her fantastic achievements to date.

Personally, I'd love to see her play a full year with Casey and try to reach the end of year championships. That would be an awesome achievement! And there's no reason why she can't be great in both singles and doubles - the doubles top 10 is full of women who are doing great in singles atm: Vinci/Errani, Hlavackova, Hradecka, Petrova, Kirilenko, Vesnina and Makarova.

I already said she's great at doubles. But it limits her and she can't play at full potential, which must be frustrating.

Errani/Vinci are aging and getting the most out of the time they have. William sisters are too powerful on service and just taking titles easily, also they are sisters so easy for them to play doubles.

But once Ash starts concentrating on winning big singles titles, she has to have a good schedule, so must limit playing doubles as much as possible.

Right now she should play it as much as she can, but limit it in the future.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote