TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ashleigh Barty

Thread: Ashleigh Barty
View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #909
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Ashleigh Barty

They went down in the doubles 0-6 6-7. Played horrible 1st set but 2nd set was very tight.

She seems to have improved her backhand, she hit some great shots from that wing, flat and hard. I think it's due to her footwork. She is quite light on her feet and likes to jump during her shots, but in order to hit good solid 2-handed backhands you really need a solid foundation, which she did well at this match.

Also not sure if I mentioned this here before, but even though she's great at doubles she plays only about 50% of her potential and it doesn't quite suit her. Players like Casey are suited to doubles because of her lefty serve, volleys and lobs. But Ash likes to dictate points from the baseline and with the opponent at the net that is very hard to do in doubles. Also she seems to serve slower in doubles, maybe concentrating on getting the 1st serve in for Casey to put away at the net.

Must be frustrating relying on your opponent not to make mistakes too.

I expect her to drop doubles and concentrate on singles when she's near the top.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote