TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players?

View Single Post

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #134
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
If I was cynical I would say that Sharapova's Orthodox Cross is part of her brand. She's put a lot of effort into ensuring that her status as a sex symbol has remained on the classy end of the spectrum. In Russia, respecting religion is often the mark of a 'good' girl. The cross emphasises that - this girl might be amazingly sexy, but she's still the girl you could bring home to your family.
I know lots of women who wear (Orthodox) cross even though they're not really religious and definitely without the intention to send a message of some sort. Quite often it really is little more than a simple fashion item.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote