TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #221
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. Maria has arrived|DRAWS OUT!

So, basically, we need the fitness and stamina of today's Maria to go with the better precision, fight, and, dare I say, variety of 2004-2008 Maria. Then we'd see her go tooth and nail in some back and forth semifinal and final 3-setters with the likes of Serena, Vika, and Li Na, instead of seeing her get dumptrucked in meek fashion.

There's no question Maria is more than capable of going 2 and a half or 3 hours in a match if need be and not look fatigued. But she just errors herself to death before she can get any traction, so stamina and match pressure never even come into play. And, especially against someone like Li Na, extending a match is absolutely essential because she will crumble more often than not in tight situations. I want to see Maria do a MUCH better job at digging in against top opponents when momentum isn't going her way.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote