TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Single Greatest Shot of all time in Women's Tennis

View Single Post

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #41
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Single Greatest Shot of all time in Women's Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
her forehand is definitely better than her backhand but it would clearly be second to graf's.......hence there is no point in mentioning it in this thread......her backhand is more relevant to this thread......if people think otherwise, there's always the other option......
I think that Henin's backhand was more effective than her forehand till about 04-05. I think that in 06-07 the forehand became more powerful and accurate. Her backhand down the line and cross court angles, at their best, were a joy to see. Overall, I would say that the Serena serve is the most effective shot in the history of the game. What baffles me is why more women players do not have outstanding serves. Also, one should not compare a players great shot in different eras, as a players results and shots should only be judged by the era they played it.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote