TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Single Greatest Shot of all time in Women's Tennis

View Single Post

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #40
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Single Greatest Shot of all time in Women's Tennis

I would've nominated Seles's return of serve and Chris's two handed backhand.

Anyway, it's Serena's serve.

This is most important in the women's game because historically the women's game has had relatively weak servers. It is a game that's traditionally being built around the return of serve. It still is.

Serena's serve is the game changer. Here you have a woman who can dominate around her serve. But of course, it's because of the rest of her game also that she's a 15 time and counting slam champion.