TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013

Thread: Fed Cup 2013
View Single Post

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #443
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Still feeling really sad for the girls who ended up with nothing after all that hard work. Unfortunately I wasn't able to follow the whole match yesterday and was hoping it'll be a longer one so that I'll at least catch the last few games, but once I got back to livescores it was already over. What a bummer.

I agree that Petra's absence was felt in doubles, but we do have to remember that Darija entered the team only AFTER Petra pulled out and I'm not sure Petra + Ana/Donna/Tereza would've been capable of anything better than what we ended up with. On the bright side, now we have a problem of too many good players for a team. Maybe if we would sign up another team, like Croatia 1 and Croatia 2...

So that's it for FC this year. I definately think we'll make it next time, with even more mature and experienced Ana and Donna, not to mention if we get a healthy Petra along with Darija, or maybe Ajla or Ana S. if something causes one of the youngsters to pull out... As for this year, at least we'll get a nice bump up in the Fed Cup rankings, cause we're definately way better than #40 (or whatever our ranking is currently).

Really proud of the girls and thrilled by the fact that Ana and Donna got such an awesome learning experience this week. I'm sure they'll find it invaluable.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote