TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players?

View Single Post

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #124
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post

Surprised no one has mentioned the incredible vanishing Patty "Carmen Sandiego" Schnyder and her orange juice cult in this thread.
I don't think religious views (even alternative ones, like those of Scientology) were ever a part of this Suisse Saga. And I don't just mean with Herr Hofmann (aka Rainer II, the real "Carmen Sandiego" type character here) but even with Herr Harnecker. AFAIK, said "Rainer I" claimed 2B a great holistic healer (including of cancer) and motivator, but never said he was a messenger of Jesus, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post

A lot of them are from countries where you can disappear for saying the wrong thing so this is a pointless question
But many don't need to fear such repression. The main reasons they generally avoid politics are probably not to risk pissing off sponsors, and because (even if personally on the left) they don't want to pay for than the least taxes possible.

Among former players, Martina I has been a fairly active Democrat re. American politics, and Marissa Irvin went to work as an intern in the (George W Bush) White House after her retirement.

============================================

Last edited by *JR* : Feb 9th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote