TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

View Single Post

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #57
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjo View Post
I think Judy has just got to go with Heather and Laura from now on. If they lose a match without their 2 best players in singles then she'll get heavily critisised and probably will have to resign from the role. Robson is on good form and Watson knows how to win even when not playing well. If one of the other 2 GB girls were ranked 70 or something and on form it would be a tougher decision, but not with them both in the 140's.
Surely as captain that is what she's there for? To decide on the team best suited to beating the team in front of them. That will vary depending on the players the opposition has. I doubt she would ever have to resign, for a start Fed cup is hardly high profile in Britain...

BIB: we really should win the doubles, especially with Hev and Laura playing. Therefore the objective is to pick the best players that will allow us to win one of the two singles. It's better to win one of them and lose the other easily than to lose two close matches. Which is what I feel personally will happen but then I'm a pessimist

And this isn't to knock Hev in any way, she's shown so many times before she's a fighter and I'm sure her form will pick up again soon.

Of course this will all go out the window if Laura just beat Arn