TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup

Thread: Fed Cup
View Single Post

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #199
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanu197 View Post
Dinu hasnt been playing very well in the last year or so... Mitu would have probably played better...im guessing she had an injury or was too fatigued to play these matches but then again romanian coaching staff are renowned for having unique points of view
I know this draw sucked badly to begin with, but I really wonder when they will be able to put up the best squad possible.

I mean it's not about Dinu and Mitu, although the latter seems to develop nicely. There are a lot of girls ranked ahead who couldn't care less this year and even Sorana, although saving us this year hasn't played Fed Cup for ages.

Let's face it. There is no team feeling at all between them, as different as their respective games are, as different are their personalities and even though you won't hear anything directly from the players of course, you can really feel how the rivalries are boiling beneath the surface.

It's good because they push each other like that, but for a team competition like Fed Cup, it's a disaster.