TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Articles and Interviews

View Single Post

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3159
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its not as simple as 'changing her game'.
This January she played 3 hardcourt tournaments and couldnt get thru the noncontenders in the early rounds in ANY of them.
She should be playing Vika, or Kerber or Maria, or Serena, or Li or Aga in almost every hardcourt tournament. She did that late last year. Lost to Aga & Kerber, won 2 titles
Lets see how this plays out. But this was her worst January in years. Last year she served for the match vs Aga then was 3 points from 1 set all vs Kim. This was much worse
Yes,the start of the season was no good but her explanation does make sense to me. Now she is probably at the point where she is trying to improve what she was once good at because those aspects of her game have got worse. I imagine that she has been trying to decrease the no. of errors as this has gone up so much last year.

Other than that my knowledge of tennis technique is too basic to know which areas she might be focusing on. I care only about the results anyway
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote