TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

View Single Post

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #53
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
I think I slightly agree with you, we have to remember that Babos is a player that Laura and Hev have played numerous times and know so well. Arn is certainly a crafty player but I would expect Laura and Hev to be beating her on their day.

With doubles, we need to play Laura and Hev. Laura and Joko are a good team but the former are our best doubles team.
I would play Babos vs Robson too, I think Laura seems to be playing pretty well atm and she'll bring her best against Timea.
The other singles i'm struggling with but I dont think Joko would be mentally ready to have this resting on her shoulders. I think Judy will play Hev in at least one of the singles and tbh i do expect Hev to beat Arn, despite her form, i'm sure she'll claw out her best
Yes but due to Fed cup rules out of the two players nominated to play singles the player with the highest ranking must play the opposite teams player of the highest ranking. So if Laura and Hev both play singles Hev will have to play Babos as she is higher ranked. Laura can only play Babos if Hev is dropped from singles (she could still play doubles). Which is annoying! Cos I agree I think Hev has a better chance against Arn than Laura does. Hence I would put Jo in as the number 2 behind Laura.

Despite all this discussion I still expect Judy will stick with Hev and Laura, its a big call to drop Hev and Judy stuck with Anne last year after two poor matches from her.