TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

View Single Post

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #51
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
So what are we thinking vs Hungary? For Babos I always feel that a player who breaks a big losing streak by winning back to back matches is a dangerous one. And Arn was the player I was most concerned about before the tie, she's capable of an upset or two.

I reckon Judy should (and probably will) stick to her guns and play Hev and Laura for singles and doubles if necessary.
I disagree. Arn is tricky for any of our girls, and not a great match up for Laura. Yes Hev beat Babos recently but Hev's form is poor atm and I agree Babos could be dangerous after beating MLdB.

I would play Joko as #2 jsut see what she can do against Arn and put Laura in as our 'banker' against Babos. Not that you can guarantee Laura will win but I would be reasonably confident she would. Heather's confidence can not be great at the min she wasn't even that close to Michelle today. I think we will win the doubles against Hungary (especially if we play Hev and Laura) so we need to get that singles win and I think the best chance of that is Laura v Babos. I love Hev but I think if we play her in singles we lose tomorrow. Let's hope im wrong.

EDIT: Plus if Laura loses to Arn (wouldn't be surprised) that's a lot of pressure on Hev to win when she knows she isn't playing well.

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 8th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote