TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Official Married Names Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #1043
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice
Re: The Official Married Names Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
David-I can confirm that Elfi Kriegs is Carroll. Looking in the New York Times she is first mentionned playing a US event in 1940. She doesn't appear again really until the late 1940s-perhaps she had kids during this time? The height of her US playing career was from 1949 to 1952, when she won the Eastern US Clay title for four years running. The NYT described her as "a slightly built, blue-eyed woman who possesses a mighty forehand."
Rollo, in 1950 thread above you have written that Elfi von Kriegs-Au Carroll "from 1949 to 1952 won the Eastern US Clay title for four years running."
As we have in our yearly threads only her victory in 1950, do you have her other victories?
But in 1952 we have this result:
Jul 26, Eastern States Clay Courts , Philadelphia ,PA,US (CL)
FI Joan Merciadis d. Connie Bowan 6-0 6-1

Other question: looking on men's results I have seen that "Eastern Clay Court Championships" (or "Eastern US Clay Champs.") and "Eastern States Clay Courts Champs." seem two different tournaments, with different winners.
Is it true? Their denominations are very much alike. Which is the difference between them?
Jimbo109 is offline View My Blog!