TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel News & Opinion

View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #27
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel News & Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
"because almost anyone can beat anyone really."

That's really great to hear from Barthel. It shows she's not intimidated by what player is on the other side of the net which is a difference from last year IMO where she choked her last set away to Azarenka at Stuttgart.
She was psychologically not ready to win against Azarenka in Stuttgart because at that time she was on the WTA tour for only half a year. Her self-confidence could not keep up with her dramatically improved game back then. I am optimistic that she starts to believe in herself now, especially after this win in Paris. If that happens she will be able to beat the big babes on tour, even in close matches. But let's give her time! I still think that Mona needs two more years to fully mature.

And dont forget that even Azarenka choked away a lot of matches before 2012. She needed about 5 years to become this mentally tough player she is now.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote