TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1144
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
Her form was awful at AO Whatever the reason was (sideeyeing redfoo) i am afraid she didn't work as hard as her rivals in the offseason
I think you're concluding too much out of the AO IMO. You can't be tip-top in every majors you're going to win and even moreso when you're winning them in back-to-back years.

If you win majors at the rate Sharapova does for example then yes you'll always be on top of your game but with the standards Victoria has, I don't expect her to be making or winning slam finals playing her best ever game all the time.

In Sydney she was playing well, before the injury, just happened that her form dropped afterwards (by accident), this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboundAce View Post
I think this year might be bigger than the year before bacause she has been more mentally challenged already, expect Goat Vika !
Yes I agree, this is the spirit self of Victoria and what makes her so good. After winning this major, I think Victoria has passed another step mentally -- if only she gets a way to pass Serena, then yes, I also believe that her 2013 will be greater than her 2012.

I think she could very perfectly end her first year with 3 majors. She wasn't far last year and willn't be far IMO this year -- RG is the big question mark but I just hope she makes the SF to complete add the ring 'of having made the SF at all four slams consecutively'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
My general feeling is that I would like Vika to get some matches vs Serena.
All matches Victoria plays against Serena outside slams are good (the H2h, well doesn't matter) -- they've played way too much in majors where Serena almost always plays her best game. Victoria needs confidence against her and it'll be in tournaments Serena doesn't really care about.

Quote:
You almost expect Vika to be in the final every event in upcoming hard court events (high expectations I know).
Isn't high expectations IMO. Victoria's standards on HCs are extremely high sop the expectations are just normal IMo -- bar injury, she should be making the SF/F of most HC tournaments out there [...] especially after having won a slam, the AO, as she has with her D-/E game.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!