TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What type of player's personality attract fans?

View Single Post

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #21
country flag Sloejelly

Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold
Re: What type of player's personality attract fans?

Initially I go for players with an exciting game with variety including not being afraid to come to the net (Schiavone, Momo, The Goddess Navratilova) but their off-court personality has to include some degree of sportsmanship and respect for their opponent and the game. Players who won't acknowledge their opponent played better is a pet hate. Players who seem to genuinely enjoy playing (as opposed to just putting $$ in the bank) is a huge plus. Currently, I love Sammie's quiet personality, Bartoli's unconventionality, Schiavone's passion (when she's "on", so not for a while ), Sloane's and Sabine's grins when they hit a great winner. So no real pattern there.
Sloejelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote