TennisForum.com - View Single Post - LGBT Rights

Thread: LGBT Rights
View Single Post

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #19
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LGBT Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
I've always found this to be crazy. I've spoken to Singaporean friends (who are all younger generation) and some of them didn't even realize male homosexuality was technically illegal in Singapore. I find it mind-boggling how many archaic English laws are still in place in Singapore that they won't get rid of (some of which aren't even much enforced anymore).
Do they seriously not? I guess if you are not gay you don't keep abreast of the local developments. There was a pretty serious debate in the Parliament in 2007 on this issue, spawning this infamous speech:

NYU's gay law students later protested against her appointment as a visiting professor on the basis on this speech and she decided not to take up the position.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote