TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM   #1715
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
Important win. Hope she learned sty. and is able to avoid the choke against the next Top 5 Player.
I dont think that it was that much of a choke today. I have seen really worse from Mona in that department. Errani played very well on three of the four matchpoints so she deserves credit for that. A big time choking Mona would have never been able to play that well after 2:3 in the tiebreak. And don't forget she took the fourth matchpoint after a longer rally with a cracking forehand winner down the line.

What Mona may have learned today is that she is still able to stay focussed and win the match later even after not converting some matchpoints against a mentally very strong opponent. I think this is a very worthy experience for her.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote