TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria in Pattaya

View Single Post

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:03 PM   #272
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria in Pattaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomareva View Post
The face tells it all
I think this is arguably the best Makiri photo I have ever seen! There is such joy such relief in her face. The final against Lisicki was always going to be difficult for Kiri because of Sabine's big serve and overall power game. And they had not played each other for almost 5 years. Lots of ups and downs in this match. But in the end Maria won and deservedly so. Perhaps having straight set win in the QF and SF helped Maria today because last year Kiri had a brutally tough SF win over Cirstea and that draining match cost her in that long final against Hantuchova. I bet Maris knew that Sabine beat Sharapova at Wimbledon lasdt year and almost beat her at the Olympics too. I bet Maria was ready fro Sabine and did not pay any attention to her misleading ranking.

Kiri heading for the top 10. If and when Kirilenko makes the top 10 it will be well deserved because she is a true warrior of the WTA Tour. She trains hard, plays hard and has shown up to play worldwide for 10 years. Oh and by the way Kiri's all court game is superb. That is not debatable.

On a side note Makiri snd Sabine should be doubles partners. They would be a dynamic team and a great combination of finesse (Kirilenko) and power (Lisicki).

P.S. - Kiri must be so relieved to have finally won a singles title again. Her first since 2008. She really needed this title and she got it even though it nearly slipped away. Like I have said before it is time to expect more from Maria as far as titles go. If she stays healthy she should be able to win titles occasionally. I mean Wozniacki and Radwanksa win a few titles a year. I hope Kiri can add another title or 2 this year. We shall see.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Feb 3rd, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote