TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rape and how societies react

View Single Post

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:36 AM   #345
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Violence against women, including rape

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Thank you for giving more than the previous snippet, which I thus analyzed conditionally, as in "seems to have happened". But she still carried out her own "honor killing", in fact using the very word, if the translation is accurate. And from the far more detailed CNN story, it seems that she was only driven to forcefully defend herself when she realized she couldn't abort, not earlier.

For example, she could have shot him with that gun months earlier when he was outside or entering her house, assuming the timeline is accurate. I have sympathy for someone who was victimized like her (especially as she might have been arrested for adultery if she'd reported the first incident to the authorities). But unlike poor Jyoti in India, Yildrim seems like the wrong "poster woman".
Since the "snippet wasn't enough for you you could have used google as well as I could. Frankly, I could give a darn whether she shot him the first time but that certainly is the last time for him. I can only imagine the torment this poor woman went through and can only hope that she is freed and even so her life will never be the same. I for one will never find myself in her situation so I refuse to judge anything she did and would suggest you do the same.

Last edited by mykarma : Feb 3rd, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
mykarma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote