TennisForum.com - View Single Post - "Every generation is better than the previous one. The game is always evolving"

View Single Post

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:41 PM   #69
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Every generation is better than the previous one. The game is always evolving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Did you not give reasons in the other thread as to why volleys are lost? And why they are not taught anymore? I agree with it. And there you have your answer. Dimensions are dropped because they are no longer effective.

As for Stosur, no. But unless if she can do it consistently like Henin (less spin but more consistent and effective). It's pointless.
And players didn't hit hard back in the day, because whaling at balls with wooden rackets that have tiny sweetspots wasn't effective and would create a lot of mishits and unforced errors; it was also fairly difficult to hit winners from the baseline, much less from feet behind the baseline, as is common these days. So if you acknowledge we are comparing apples to oranges, how can we say that the level has improved with some new dimensions and some lost dimensions, when the truth is that these dimensions were uniquely adapted to the technologies of their time?
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote