TennisForum.com - View Single Post - "Every generation is better than the previous one. The game is always evolving"

View Single Post

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #68
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Every generation is better than the previous one. The game is always evolving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Dimensions are added and dimensions are lost.
The average top player can barely hit volleys or touch shots these days.

Have you seen any woman hit topspin like Stosur before? I haven't.
It's enough for her to win a slam even though she is mentally weak, has massive holes in her game, a shameful backhand, and is not particularly fast.
Did you not give reasons in the other thread as to why volleys are lost? And why they are not taught anymore? I agree with it. And there you have your answer. Dimensions are dropped because they are no longer effective.

As for Stosur, no. But unless if she can do it consistently like Henin (less spin but more consistent and effective). It's pointless.