TennisForum.com - View Single Post - "Every generation is better than the previous one. The game is always evolving"

View Single Post

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:27 PM   #67
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Every generation is better than the previous one. The game is always evolving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Well, yes. But this isn't about greatness. It's about generations being better than the previous one. Adding newer dimensions to the game is about that.
Dimensions are added and dimensions are lost.
The average top player can barely hit volleys or touch shots these days.

Have you seen any woman hit topspin like Stosur before? I haven't.
It's enough for her to win a slam even though she is mentally weak, has massive holes in her game, a shameful backhand, and is not particularly fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
He and all of the Serena haters know, if their lives dependent on it, they will bet that Peak Serena will beat Peak Graf any day of the week.
If it's a one match-shoot-out, I will probably pick Serena on hard courts, and Graf on clay, toss-up on grass.

If it's a best of 7-match series, one for every day of the week. I'd go with Graf on any surface.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.

Last edited by moby : Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:47 PM.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote